Monday, March 8, 2010

The Fog of Dis-creation

In order to create something new in your life, you usually have to let go of something you already have in place.  This could be called dis-creation.

Lately I have felt foggy.  When I “look” at my energy field, it seems unclear.  

I had a dream that showed me fields of brown grass that seemed dead.  My immediate reaction was to gather up the lifeless grass and transform it into life-giving green.  In my dream, this just wasn’t working.

When I awoke, I asked a friend to help me interpret the dream.  The seemingly lifeless grass reminded me that, like the seasons, we too sometimes go into hibernation while we let go of the specifics of what we have created.  As we spring back to life, the roots of what went before emerge with new life and vibrant color.

Dis-creating is just as important as creating.  Biblically you might say it doesn’t work to put new wine in old wine skins.  The old wine skin will tend to pollute the new.

I also found myself going through my closet, bagging up clothes that no longer felt right for me.  Spring cleaning you might say.  But it seemed to symbolize something more.

I am finished with certain patterns that have kept my work limited to its own special box.  It was necessary to keep it in that box while I came up to the energy vibration that could match where the work could go.  I think I have been ambivalent about what would be involved in taking this work to the next level.  That has shifted.  I can joyously see life in that vibration.  It doesn’t take anything away from me; rather, its flow is easy and fun.

I shout, “Hallelujah!” as the fog clears.  My once concern is now anticipation.

This process reminds me of the Luminary called “Dawning”*   In part it says:  “Life renews itself from moment to moment.  Accept your new growth with faith, even as you push through the fog of uncertainty.  Passionately throw open your windows to the dawn!  Live fully!  Every moment counts!”

Blessings,
Arlene

* “Luminaries” is a book and cards oracle co-created by artist Lahrinda Eileen and me.

No comments: